Interim Plant Manager
Our client is a producer of products that are used to contain, unitize and protect goods during manufacturing, transport and warehousing.
The core values of the company are customer satisfaction, flexibility and innovation. The culture within the company can be characterized as open, direct, result oriented, dynamic and internationally.
The production department is responsible for producing products in a safe way, which meet all customer requirements, based on cost control an just-in-time shipment as a standard. The company has a focus on quality and environment.
For deploying a change process at the site in the south of Limburg, we are –on behalf of our client- looking for a Interim Plant Manager ( 0,8 - 1,0 fte for 6 to 12 months).
As a Plant Manager you are appointed as supervisor of the local (manufacturing) management team and you are end responsible for leading local operational processes, such a production and logistics (in cooperation with production manager), maintenance (in cooperation with maintenance manager), production controlling (in cooperation with Plantcontroller) and production related back office activities/planning (in cooperation with teamleader back office) and product quality (in cooperation with quality engineer).
You are in charge of executing health and safety programs, meeting forecasted production and sales figures, volumes, efficiency and cost targets, year over year productivity and quality improvements. In cooperation with the plant controller you add value to the plant's yearly plan figures and (if necessary) you plan follow up actions in order to reach plan.
You will report to the Vice President/General Manager.
Responsibilities and Competences:
• Proven trackrecord in changemanagement within a productioncompany;
• Solid understanding of production outputs, budget spending, labor efficiency material efficiency, engineering, effectiveness and effective personnel utilization;
• Responsible for meeting on time delivery and productivity goals;
• Successful experience with managing and developing talent and building a strong team to improve organizational capability;
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to interact with other business units, employees and outside vendors;
• Drive quality in to all we do to ensure customer satisfaction and prevent repeat issues;
• Proven project management, time management an d leadership skills as well as problem solving and decision making skills;
• Perform those administrative activities necessary for effective management of the manufacturing operations, meeting organization goals and objectives and measuring the work performed within the plant;
• Define and recommend goals and objectives in each are of the operation;
• Develop specific short-term and long-term plans and programs, together with supporting budget and manpower requirements;
• Identify, develop and challenge top talent to ensure long-term success of the organization;
• Develop and manage the capital expenditure and operating expenditure plan;
• Participate in developing and executing strategic initiatives with operations;
• Support the success of other locations through cross-functional projects, teams and the sharing of resources.
• At least a Bachelor degree in management, business or engineering;
• At least 5 years of experience in a managerial position within a production company;
• Good knowledge of Dutch, German and English (spoken en written);
• Strong personality, being able to implement change management successfully;
• Proactive thinking.
A challenging fulltime interim position within a very professional and ambitious company with high quality products. The culture within the company can be characterized as open, direct, result oriented, dynamic and internationally.